The types of personal information we collect and hold about you depend on the function or activity being performed. Examples of personal information we may collect and hold might include:
- personal information provided when you establish a business relationship with us
- identification information such as your name(s), contact details (personal and/or business) including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, driver’s licence, passport details, date and place of birth
- contact and identification details of any third party that you have authorised to negotiate or provide your personal information on your behalf
- personal information in relation to employment applications, our employees and contracted service providers, including (as applicable) employment record information such as education, qualifications, skills, performance, conduct, pay details and information required for the purposes of security screening, and information from employment background screening providers
- IP addresses including through electronic signing platforms
- personal information contained in any correspondence between you and us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect and hold sensitive information about you, including:
- information about your membership of professional, trade or political associations
- in relation to Export Finance Australia officials (including employees), criminal record information (as part of employment background screening), or health information including details of medical conditions and dietary requirements
- information from publicly available sources, for example in relation to criminal activity
- if you are present at or have visited our premises, such information that is reasonably necessary to prevent or manage COVID-19.
Generally, it is recommended you do not provide sensitive information to us unless we specifically request it. We will only collect it where:
- you have provided consent
- the information is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, any of our business activities or functions
- we are required or authorised to do so by law
- a permitted health or general situation exists, including where we are collecting the information to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety.
When the law requires or authorises us to collect and hold information
We may collect information about you because we are required or authorised by law to collect it. We may require your personal information to verify your identity for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and associated regulations.
What information we collect through our website
Site visit data
Our website hosting provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top-level domain name
- the date and time of the site visit
- the pages accessed and documents viewed or downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
This information is collected to facilitate our website and system administration.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, for example, if a law enforcement issues a warrant to inspect our hosting provider's logs.
External sites linked to or from our website are not under our control and users should view their privacy policies separately.
Our use of ‘cookies’
Your use of our website and providing information to us
By continuing to use our website or by providing us with information, you consent to us managing your information and the information you provide us in the manner set out in this policy.